Friday, October 3, 2014

[Mendocino County] Grand Jury right on


September 19, 2014
Ukiah Daily Journal
Letter to the Editor

I would like to Thank Mr. Finley Williams for his response letter to the editor, and also express my appreciation to all 19 members of the Mendocino County Grand Jury. I have worked for the Mendocino County Office of Education for over 20 years and their report brought out the issues at hand. I was personally affected by the decisions that were made by upper management. I believe there could have been a different approach and timing to the way things were done. I feel that the Grand Jury did not receive the respect and recognition that they so deserve. I would hope that the general public knows that their reports should be taken seriously. I can remember the time when Jack Ward, former Superintendent of MCOE came under fire with a Grand Jury Report which ultimately led to his demise and prosecution. A perfect example of the importance of the Grand Jury.

My colleagues and I at MCOE are now focusing on the change and hopes of the future.

In closing I would like to sum up with this quote from Abraham Lincoln that speaks to the questionable leadership identified by the Grand Jury Report.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power" ~Abraham Lincoln.

— Julie Simental, Redwood Valley

No comments: